Etisalat this year at GITEX Technology Week has a major focus on smart solutions that focus on health and also empower the ‘People of Determination’ harnessing the power of 5G and innovative technologies like AI, robotics and IoT to improve their mobility, independence and ultimately their lives.
WheeM-i (Wheelchairs Mobility Interface), a bicycle-sharing system equivalent for wheelchairs, made its world premiere at Etisalat’s stand. This unique smart mobility showcase is in line with its long-established corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy of extending its reach, offers and services across the community.
BrightSign, created by Hadeel Ayoub, a Saudi tech innovator and inventor uses assistive technology to facilitate communication for individuals with speech disability. This wireless glove contains a number of motion and position sensors that gives feedback to a smartphone app using machine learning giving users complete control over sign language libraries.
Dr. Ahmed bin Ali, Group Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, Etisalat, said: “Our commitment to CSR has always remained a major priority, and is integrated into our business activities to create value for subscribers and shareholders as well as communities that we serve. When it comes to ‘people of determination’, Etisalat has endeavoured to enrich their user experience by providing them with various services and means of support.
“Health is a major focus for Etisalat this year giving us an opportunity to showcase technologies that will transform the sector and is in line with overall strategy of ‘Driving the Digital Future to Empower Societies’. We believe that everyone should have access to best quality of care. At Etisalat we aim to improve people’s lives by use of digital health technologies and want to be the trusted digital health partner.”
The health solutions we are showcasing follow the journey from health prevention, early diagnosis, timely treatment & care, health monitoring to patient empowerment and engagement.
- 5G connected ambulance showed how the technology can help emergency services relay crucial information to prepare the hospital for receiving the patient and prioritising treatment
- Pharmaself24 is a state-of-the-art system for setting up an automated 24-hour prescription collection point
- Comarch CardioVest is a solution used to perform preventive examinations, diagnostics and supervision of adult patients with cardiological disorders
- Comarch Life Wristband is an element of the care system that increases patients’ security and gives them greater independence.
- Remote Maternity Care is a solution for safely monitoring a baby’s heart rate and uterine contraction activity at home.
- Paxera Ultima is a powerful browser-based, all-encompassing multi-modality medical viewer.
- Stella Equinox is a clinical care and telehealth solution optimized for small to medium-sized clinical practices providing ambulatory care to patients.
- M2S virtual reality solution introduces a new and efficient way to screen eye related diseases using virtual reality.
- CarePassport is a trusted healthcare app for patients to aggregate and access all their medical data, including medical images, lab results, dental records, clinical reports and more from different healthcare providers.
UAE students, mainly from Khalifa University, Dubai University, Sharjah University and American University of Sharjah, visited the Etisalat stand today to witness and learn from these showcases.
Source: Etisalat Press Release