03:35 PM – 04:35 PM | Discussion Track 4
Business Resilience with CLOUD, Big Data Analytics & AI
Maximizing Efficiency and Productivity in the 5G-Powered Hyper-Connected, Secure and Sustainable World
Mr. Philippe Defraigne
Mr. Karim Lesina
Affairs - AT&T
Ms. Pastora Valero
Vice President, Public Policy and Government Affairs - Cisco
Mr. Brian Collins
Dr. Fahem Al Nuaimi
Ms. Martha Suarez
Dynamic Spectrum Alliance
Mr. Andy Purdy
Chief Security Officer
Dr. Robert Pepper
Head of Global Connectivity and Technology Policy
Dr. Joanna Rubinstein
President & CEO
World Childhood Foundation
Widespread 5G rollouts are right around the corner that can enable a far more efficient and productive, remotely connected and sustainable world. For 5G networks to become the bedrock of our digital economies and societies, the cloud and cloud capacity is indispensable, and so is cybersecurity. Any 5G service will require backhauling of massive amounts of data from endpoints such as mobiles, IoT sensors, or self-autonomous vehicles, which have to be processed and stored in the cloud, and which must thus be secure. Every new application will require resource-intensive AI analysis in real-time. Because sending data to the cloud for processing is time-consuming, data processing will need to happen as close as possible to the edge to enable near-real-time responses and provide low latency support to new applications and services.
This panel will explore how business resilience can be achieved with cloud, which should be powered by big data analytics and AI, and highlight what is required for “All Cloud Networks” on the side of network operators, technology vendors and industry verticals and how government can help enable an all cloud environment with the right policies and regulations.
- How can carriers quickly launch new services?
- How can they achieve business agility?
- How will they optimize cost structures?
- What types of collaborative efforts are required?
- Which policies and regulations can enable Cloud infrastructure?
- What do we need to address to ensure that cloud infrastructure is available and usable and reliable?
- What are cybersecurity implications, and how can the power of AI and big data analytics play a role in this regard?